As someone who lives a bicoastal life, I spend A LOT of time on airplanes. While some people don’t love airports, I secretly do. I love the people watching and the air of excitement that you feel the moment you walk in the door. With that said, there are some essentials that I need to have with me in order to make my flying experience a positive one, feel free to click the photos to buy my favorite things for yourself.
- An eye mask is a must for me. I like to try and catch up on sleep while I fly and nothing is more confusing than waking up and seeing a stranger. A sleep mask helps for that.
- A cashmere blanket is the ultimate luxury and makes you feel cozy and comfortable even when you’re squeezed into those tiny seats. Lately, I’ve been loving one by Skull Cashmere because it is chic and folds up small to fit in any carry on.
- My iPad is always in my carry on for long trips. It’s nice to be in the air without distractions, and I always get my best reading done up there.
- Lip balm is a must when flying because the air is so drying and no one wants to land with severely chapped lips. My favorites are from Carmex and La Mer.
- I like to use a hydrating face mask when I fly because it keeps my skin from drying up and saves my pores from the recirculated air.
- Last but certainly not least, I am all for wet wipes when I travel. You never know who was sitting in your seat before you and as someone who is always on the go I try to avoid getting sick as much as possible. A quick wipe down of the arm rests and tray table makes me feel better as I settle in.
Now it’s time to jet, hope this helps you when you’re packing for your next getaway!
While I’ve been spending most of my time lately in Los Angeles for work, I’ll always be an east coast girl at heart. I spent the majority of my childhood growing up in New Jersey and attended college in lower Manhattan so I cherish the time I get to spend back east. While LA may have the Mexican food and fresh fish on lockdown, there are some things that are just better in NY. So with that said, here are my fave things to eat while in New York City…
- Smoothies at Terri. On both coasts I favor a smoothie to start my day. I like that they’re filling but light, and leave you with just enough energy to get your day going. While in NY, I love the “Terri Berri” smoothie from Terri in the financial district. It combines a mix of berries plus soy milk that is the perfect, refreshing drink that doesn’t weigh me down.
- Sushi and sashimi at Lure Fishbar. Let me just say that Lure Fishbar may be my favorite restaurant in all of Manhattan. The fish is always fresh and the décor inside is just so cute. They also make a mean bloody mary and their deviled eggs are something that I literally dream about. Basically, you should do yourself a favor and dine there the next time you’re in NYC (maybe you’ll even see me there.)
- Pollo alla parmigiana at Casa Nonna. My ideal night includes chicken parm, a good glass of wine and then home to a movie on my couch and there is no better place to start this perfect evening then at Casa Nonna. It’s old school Italian and the service is perfection and it doesn’t get much more NY than that.
- Cheeseburgers at P.J. Clarke’s. Sometimes a girl just needs a burger and fries and there is no better place to indulge when in NYC. Their new downtown location is perfect for a lazy Sunday spent outside with friends and I love how their burgers are so classic yet so good. I’m pretty sure the saying “if it aint broke don’t fix it” was made for the burgers there.